PATCA's July dinner meeting will feature Maine Shafer, J.D., who has more than 10 years experience delivering workshops on tax reduction strategies on behalf of Bradford and Company, Inc.
Shafer's presentation will cover little known methods of reducing your tax burden by taking advantage of some legal deductions. His key message is that consultants can use effective tax management to increase spendable income.
* Important new deduction strategies available this year only because of the 2008 Economic Stimulus Package
* What taxes really cost you, regardless of your earnings.
* How to safely transform 50% deductible entertainment expenses into 100% percent deductible expenses.
* Techniques to help your accountant work more effectively on your behalf.
* Two remarkable entertainment deductions that may surprise you.
* Six car strategies that produce thousands of dollars in deductions.
* Red flags you should avoid in order to reduce the likelihood of a tax audit.
* New first year auto depreciation deduction updates.
Bring your questions and sharpen your pencils, as PATCA presents another presentation on the ever-popular topic of reducing the tax bite and maximizing consulting income.
Maine Shafer has a background in tax that began when he worked on the staff of a U.S. Senator on Capitol Hill, while receiving his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center. His tax education continued during his clerkship with the Chief Judge of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and while working as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of New Mexico.
Maine's speaking skills include the ability to make tax information clear and usable. At the same time, he is known for delivering motivational speeches and sales programs throughout the Western United States, and for hosting a radio talk show.
$30-members; $35-non-members; $27-guests.
Official Website: http://www.PATCA.org
Added by FullCalendar on June 17, 2008