Practicing is the best part of learning. So your practical training is our top priority. You are carefully guided - Physically and intellectually. The joy that you derive from the sport, increases exponentially, as you gain knowledge and develop new skills.
The Basic Winch launched Paragliding course.
This two and half day course is conducted at Hoskote. You spend about three to four hours each session learning the various skills of Paragliding. At the end of the course you will be launching independently. (under the supervision of an Instructor)
Course Duration : Two & half days
Venue : Hoskote, Approx 20km from Bangalore
Time of the day : Morning 8:30 to 10:00 & Evening 4:30 to Sun set
: To give maximum benefit we will try to make it a WHOLE day activity like our previous batch.
Maximum head count : 8 Members (On First come first serve basis)
Fees :Rs. 9,500.00
a) Age over 14 years up to the age of medical fitness
b) Minimum qualification Std. Xth
c) Medically and Physically fit
You will be required to submit the following documents:
a) Two I-card size photographs
b) Rs.50/- stamp paper with Indemnity bond printed on it.
c) Fees at least one week before the commencement of the course (Fees are non-refundable if you discontinue the course in between)
Session-wise training syllabus:
The first session is spend in orientation, ground handling and the theory necessary to keep you safe and informed. The first day’s practical training is physically demanding. Please get at least 2 liters drinking water. During ground training you are taught the following exercise:
a) Various parts of the glider
b) Inspecting the flying equipment
c) Laying out of the glider for launch
d) The lift-off of the glider
e) The take-off run
f) Controlling the inflated glider overhead
g) Application and learning effectiveness of controls
h) Collapsing of the glider
i) Stowing and folding the glider
j) Theory session
On the second session you are introduced to flying. You make your first flights. These flights are up to a height of 50'ft but progressively starting from smaller heights. This is done with the help of a winch. A team of five, consisting of two Instructors, two asst. Instructors and one Winch operator will be engaged in training the students. By the end of this session you would have learnt:
a) Paraglider launch preparation and inspections
b) Pre-flight checks
c) Take-offs & landing
d) Teadhered flights
e) Gentle turns
f) Smooth landings
g) Theory session
The third session you are taught all the necessary theory required for safe flying. During this session the main emphasis is on learning how to make a clean take-off and smooth landing with as little assistance as possible. This session your flights will be a little higher so that you could make comfortable turns before you land. The instructor will explain all the important aspects of high flights. If necessary, one of the pilots will demonstrate a flight for you. One of the Instructors will be on the radio imparting constant instructions throughout your flight till you land. Once you have successfully completed a high flight you will be thrilled and would like to go even higher.
This session will see you through:
a) Flight planning for higher flights
b) Less assisted take offs and landings
c) First deeper turns
d) Perfect approach and landing
e) Landing judgment and glide ratio
f) Landings within a stipulated area
On the fourth session you practice finer flights with precise judgment on take offs and spot landing practice. Instructors will closely and continuously keep a track on the progress of each student. More and more complex flying tasks are introduced depending on each individual performance.
You are allowed to practice three high flights depending upon your aptitude.
By the end of this session you would have learnt in a few flights:
a) Self take-off (unassisted)
b) Releasing the two rope for free flight
c) 360 degree circular turns
d) Spot landing practice
e) Improving glide distance
f) De-briefing on each individual performance
FAQ's (Frequently asked questions)
1. Who can learn Paragliding?
You should be at least 15 years old, physically fit and weigh between 35 to 75 Kgs. (We are planning to arrange canopy for heavy weight people too)
2. What are the training timings?
The timing are dependent on weather. Early mornings and evenings are preferred because the weather remains cool and consistent with safety.
3. Is the training course carried out in one stretch of 2 days?
Yes, Four sessions in two days and it is necessarily to complete in a stretch, i.e two mornings and two evenings.
4. What else should I know?
1. During the training you are expected to wear some rough clothes preferably Jean pant and full sleeved light colored T-shirts.
2. Sports shoes, if possible with high ankle support.
3. We do not cover any kind of accidents during the training with any insurance policy. You are required to take your own decision to join the course. Please read the Indemnity Bond carefully and then decide to join the course all on your own risk and accord.
5. The fees are not refundable if you discontinue the course at any stage during the course.
6. After completion of the Beginner course we will be conducting the intermediate courses in due course of time. You may keep in touch with the organizer BMC for details and advance bookings. We expect a good response so that this sport continues for a long time in the city.
7. It is necessary that your physical condition should be good. If you are suffering from any medical problems please consult the doctor before you join the course.
8. A special Ground Handling Course is also available for those who want to sharpen their ground handling technique. We strongly recommend that you complete this course so that you have better skills to take-off and land on your own without help. We will be conducting two sessions on weekday mornings, before flying session.
9. Before you sign up for the Paragliding course it is advisable to have a Personal Accident Insurance and Mediclaim Policy specially covered for paragliding accidents.
ERIC MENEZES He is the Chief Paragliding Instructor and is with a thorough aviation background. He has 22 years of experience in flying sailplanes and is a holder of Flight Instructor's Rating for Gliders issued by Civil Aviation Dept., Govt of India. He started his flying career way back in 1980, has done 4000 flights and logged 450 hours airtime.
MANGESH DIGHE He started his Paragliding career in the year 1994. Today he is an experienced instructor in paragliding. Incidentally, he happens to be a Civil Engineer and has completed his post graduation in Environmental science. He is an expert on cross country flights. Since he holds a record of over 2000 tandem flights, he is known as a tandem pilot.
NEERAJ MALVE Certified P2 Pilot. Will be assisting Eric & Mangesh in this Training program.
Participation of this event is on First come First Serve Basis.
Each batch can accommodate maximum 8 students.
There will be no refund on cancellation unless there is someone replacing your place.
We will refund 100% amount in case we cancel the event by some unfortunate reason
Students will be not allowed to attend without filling up Indemnity Bond. Please get this bond printed on Rs. 50 bond paper while coming for the 1st Session.
We have no control over weather condition, due to which the event might schedule might get changed.
We confirm the participation after receipt of Course Fees. Mention " -PG Course" in Bank transaction.
Call or email me at 9341961262/9980761262/[email protected] before transferring the course fees.
Bank Account details:
Name: Neeraj Malve
Register for this event: http://bmcindia.org/events/paragliding-sept.html
Official Website: http://bmcindia.org/events/paragliding-sept.html
Added by Neeraj Malve on September 2, 2007