£395 for E-consultancy subscribers
£495 for non-subscribers
Pay per click (PPC) advertising campaigns offer a flexible method of maximising your website visibility on key search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN and Ask.
However, as PPC markets become increasingly competitive, developing an effective strategy is essential to achieving your best possible return on investment (ROI).
This course aims to guide you through the essentials of planning, managing and optimising a successful PPC campaign. Using the latest techniques and developments together with industry leading tracking tools you will understand how to deliver the most qualified traffic to your site, therefore improving conversion rates and developing a hugely cost effective route to market.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is designed for marketing professionals with a good understanding of the basics of PPC. You would now like to refine and enhance your strategy and ensure that you are using the best tools on the market to ensure your objectives are exceeded.
Whatever your relationship to managing your website’s PPC campaign – direct, through an agency or as a consultant, this course will provide you with the essential skills for campaign success.
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
After attending this course, you will be able to:
• Evaluate and refine your PPC strategy in order to improve click-through and conversion rates
• Review and expand your search term sets to maximise performance
• Employ the most effective bidding strategies
• Improve measurement and analysis methods using tracking results to maximise ROI
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Including an overview of the latest trends in search, this in-depth course will cover the following topics:
Understanding the PPC advertising networks
A guide to the networks, both search & content, will highlight success factors and differences between key search engines
• Devising campaign architecture & structuring
• Setting realistic objectives
• The best tools and sources for keyword profiling
• Working with the key search engines – benefits of site targeting, demographic targeting, positional preference, ad scheduling s etc.
• Trademark registration
• Achieving a balance between Paid & Natural Search for complete brand coverage
• International considerations for PPC campaign
Positioning your creative
• Copywriting that will increase ad click-through rates
• When and how to use Keyword Insertion tools
• Approaches to testing creative
• Tactics to increase conversion rates, such as deep-linking landing pages
• Integration with promotions & offers
A strategy that works
• Understanding the Google Quality Score
• Selecting the right bidding strategy, including effective use of automated cost per acquisition and ROI strategies
• Utilising Day Parting strategies
• Integrating your PPC with offline campaigns
• Identifying & dealing with click-fraud
Tracking and analysis
• The benefits of using industry leading tools
• Analysing the competitor landscape
• Analysing data & understanding latent sales
• Identifying & managing Click Fraud
• Optimising search terms sets
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP LEADER?
Robin Richmond – Head of Paid Search - Bigmouth
Robin heads up bigmouthmedia’s PPC team, handling clients including British Airways, and Hilton. Robin joined bigmouthmedia following several years as a digital marketing manager in the telecoms sector. Robin’s team is spread across the four bigmouth offices so he’s often jetlagged, but never grumpy. Under Robin’s watchful eye, his team at bigmouthmedia has tripled in size and won several industry awards.
Added by training on February 28, 2007