This forum will focus on 'open content', that is works such as books, music, and films which are provided under terms that allow for free access, redistribution and re-use. Questions to address include:
- What exactly does 'open' mean? For example are Creative Commons non-commercial licenses open?
- How should we promote the creation and distribution of open content?
- Who will be producing open content and how will it be funded?
- Will there be an 'open content' revolution (in analogy to the 'open source' revolution in software)?
- Paula LeDieu, iCommons
- Cory Doctorow, Writer and Campaigner
- Tom Chance, RemixReading and Free Culture UK
- Jennifer Rigby, BBC Creative Archive
Where and When
- When: Wednesday 22nd February 2006, 7-9pm
- Where: Stanhope Centre, Marble Arch, London, W2 2HH.
- Who can attend: public.
Registration is optional but useful so please notify us if you can via okforums-info [at] okfn.org