Online PR: Managing online PR campaigns
The “Internet has changed PR forever” proclaimed a posting in the E-consultancy forum. In this workshop, an online PR specialist will discuss with you the extent to which this is true. They will also guide you through the options to consider when planning an online PR strategy for your key audiences.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
This course is for you if:
- You have a background in PR and want to know the potential and success factors for online PR
- You work for a PR company and you want to extend your online PR offering.
- You are a marketing manager who wants be sure that they get the most out of public relations and mitigate potential brand damage through reputation management
- You work in a related digital marketing communications discipline and want to understand what PR people should be doing for a living in the online sphere, their abilities and limitations
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the scope and tools of online PR and where it integrates into other online marketing disciplines
- Learn how to develop an online PR strategy for a specific audience to support different types of outcomes
- Have a clear understanding of when not to use online PR techniques
- Identify relevant online properties to communicate with your audience
- Integration of offline and online PR
- Monitoring your brand reputation online
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This in-depth course will cover the following topics:
How does online change the nature of PR?
- Changing media landscape
- Changing reach
- Changing control
- Changing timing
Integrating online PR and traditional PR
- Why e-PR should be part of your corporate communications, reputation management and marketing communications strategies
- Strategies for integrating online and offline PR
- Assessing the e-PR capability of a PR agency and a client business
Tools and techniques for online PR
- Community monitoring and seeding
- Online news sources and RSS
- Personal blogs and sites
- Business blogs
- Podcasts and video
- Virtual worlds
- Using PR to achieve search traffic
- Maximising reach of online press releases
- The online press release distribution services that matter
- How to find out what is being said about you online?
- Finding online influencers
- Gaining favourable coverage?
- Strategies for managing unfavourable coverage
- Controlling trademark and brand identity usage
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP LEADER?
Ged Carroll is EMEA lead consultant in the digital strategies group at Waggener Edstrom Worldwide working the agencies clients in the technology, pharmaceutical and consumer brands.. Ged has 10 years consumer, media and technology marketing communications experience. He has advised and developed successful brand marketing campaigns for both blue-chip and new-chip organisations. His client experience includes Motorola, Palm and Sony.
He joined the Waggener Edstrom in May 2006. Before he joined Waggener Edstrom Ged worked in-house at Yahoo! Europe.
In Ged’s previous role as European PR Manager for Yahoo!, he created and directed pan European consumer PR, buzz marketing and influencer programmes for Yahoo!’s web 2.0 businesses including Yahoo! Search, flickr, del.icio.us, upcoming.org and Yahoo!360. His Yahoo! ‘Finds of the Year’ campaign was shortlisted for a PR Week Award.
Previously he held positions at The Weber Group Europe, Edelman, Pirate Communications and as an independent consultant on a range of consumer media and technology clients including Aljazeera, Planet Out Partners, InLondon Magazine, Verizon, Ericsson and AOL.
Ged is a member of the CIPR (Chartered Institute of Public Relations), and was nominated for PR Week’s ‘One’s to Watch in 2001’. His personal blog is at renaissancechambara.com
Added by training on August 1, 2007