"The 2008 Online News Association Conference is the premier conference for those who work in, or have an interest in, online media and news.
The Online Journalism Awards have become the top awards in online journalism. Each year a distinguished panel of judges selects the very best work in nine different categories to be honored at the awards. The OJA Banquet is the event where the awards are presented, and the winners are honored for their efforts."
- Keynote speaker: Tina Brown
- In-depth panel discussions will focus on cutting-edge trends in technology and how to motivate staff and adapt these innovative tools into the newsroom.
- Multimedia Classes @ the Conference
- ONA Student Newsroom
Among the highlights:
- Experts from MSNBC.com, NYTimes.com and LATimes.com share behind-the-scenes details on their most innovative projects.
- See how the iPhone and other devices are changing the way we consume media and how to prepare for the next wave of mobile devices.
- Learn how to build and integrate user-generated content.
- Discover secrets to using the Web to gather and check facts.
- Explore ways to go beyond the traditional approaches to integrating the Web into college journalism curriculums.
Official Website: http://journalists.org/2008conference/
Added by nico_macdonald on June 27, 2008