Join OEN and speaker Naomi Derner for an OEN Workshop Thursday, March 4th from 4:00-6:00 P.M.
As an early stage entrepreneur looking for the first round of funding, one of the most daunting tasks may be determining the valuation of your company. In this workshop, we will cover the basics of valuing a seed or launch stage company, and answer some questions, such as:
* Who sets the valuation - the company or the investor?
* What does pre-money and post-money valuation mean? How do I calculate it?
* How do I value my company if we don’t yet have revenues?
* How do investors determine the valuation?
* How have valuations changed in the economic downturn?
We'll explain the terminology, demystify the math and explain some of the ways that valuation is set during the funding process. There will be plenty of time for Q&A, so come armed with your questions and be ready to participate in a lively discussion about valuing early stage companies.
To sign up for this workshop, or for more information visit http://www.oen.org/events.aspx?id=133
Added by Oregon Entrepreneurs Network on February 4, 2010