If you are looking for a senior level position or exploring new options and fresh opportunities for maximum efficiency, this seminar is for you.
Without question, today's executive job market has become more challenging than ever - but many executives (especially the most successful ones) are still playing by the "old rules" and haven't acquired the tools necessary to conduct an effective search at the senior management level. Having been successfully employed for decades, many executive-level candidates have grown complacent and find themselves at a major disadvantage upon encountering periods of career turbulence.
Additionally, many top executives who are currently working express interest in gaining exposure to new opportunities, but are not aware of how to effectively expand their network while remaining employed.
Mark's extensive experience in building networks and coaching executives, and will provide advanced insights into what it takes for senior-level candidates to maximize career success in today's market. Some of the topics covered in the seminar include:
* Updates on the hottest Pacific NW industries and market sectors
* Tips for managing your career as a "free agent" in the new economy
* How to build your brand and increase marketability while still employed
* Secrets to effective job search networking at the executive level
* The "best practices" for uncovering and closing executive-level opportunities
* How to get an executive recruiter's attention and work with him or her effectively
* Cover letter essentials for senior-level candidates
* Advice on determining the fair market value for your skills in today's market
* The most effective Pacific NW employment websites and resources
Space at this event is limited to 40 attendees and is filled on a first-come, first-served basis. You must be a director level or above to attend.
Online registration for this event closes by noon on May 7th, 2009. If you wish to register for after that point please contact the OEN office at 503-222-2270.
Speaker: Mark Tranter, CFO Selections LLC
Mark Tranter is a Partner at CFO Selections LLC, a Northwest-based firm that offers recruiting and senior interim solutions to companies ranging from venture backed start ups to Fortune 1000 companies. To read Mark's bio or learn more about CFO Selections LLC, please visit www.cfoselections.com.
Added by tdotyintern on April 9, 2009