The 1st OBO Foundry workshop is hosted by the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) and set to bring together the representatives of the ontologies working under the Foundry umbrella.
Goals and outcome:
1. Get broad buy-in to the new OBO Foundry formalization of best practices / procedures;
2. Address issues of orthogonality between existing and potential candidate Foundry ontologies;
3. Share experiences on linking together different ontologies (cross-products);
4. Have tutorials (how-to) from experienced groups on best practices such as: deprecation policy, import strategies for OBO foundry ontologies, naming conventions and metadata capture;
5. Define a plan to start work collaboratively to develop common practices;
6. Set actions, identify lead persons/groups, and communication strategy to ensure these best practices are applied.
See also You know OBO? Let's GO!
Official Website: http://www.obofoundry.org/wiki/index.php/OBO_Foundry_Workshop_2008
Added by dullhunk on June 25, 2008