Celebrating Britain's Armed Forces: Past, Present and Future.
Car park: £5 per day
Fun and activities for all ages.
- Meet Veterans young and old, visit their displays and hear their stories
- 'We Were There' - an interactive exhibition honouring the invaluable contribution made by the ethnic minorities to Britain's Armed Forces
- WWII Wollaton tours - costumed guides will take you on a special tour of Wollaton Hall to learn about the people who lived, worked, were billeted or POWs at Wollaton
- WWII Living History camps with dressing up and handling collections and a children's assault course
- 'From Nottingham to Normandy' - an exhibition in the Yard Gallery celebrating the service of the 508 Parachute Infantry Regiment, based at Wollation during WW1
Programme also includes:
- Military showcase with the Royal Artillerty Motorcycle Display Team
- Tigers Freefall skydiving team
- Military bands
- Field Gun and Infantry Display teams
- Field Kitchen
- Combat Laser Zone
- Clay pigeon laser shooting
- BB Gun range
and much, much more.
Name: Ed Pearson
Phone: 0115 9152794
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: http:/www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2919
Added by Armed Forces Day on April 20, 2009