A groundbreaking conference in partnership with Opportunity Links, looking at engaging young people through new media and how this can be used within local authorities to meet and exceed statutory targets.
The important conference will include:
* Challenges for local authorities and providers in using new media to reach young people
* Tools and tips on using new technology to reach and engage with young people
* Case studies to explore the use of social networks
* Participatory approaches to delivering positive activity websites
* Interactive seminars on hot topics offering targeted practical advice and support
* Information on engaging with hard to reach groups
* Lessons learnt from the private sector
* Findings from the latest research into social media and young people
* Knowledge sharing and networking with other colleagues from around the country.
This conference will look at the challenges in communicating and engaging young people and how these challenges can be addressed through the use of new media. It is a very practical conference with opportunities for local authorities and providers to really see how, by using the internet and new technology, we can engage this huge audience in a meaningful and diverse dialogue.
* Linda Brooks, Access and inclusion team DCSF
* Mark Cheverton, Managing Director, Opportunity Links
* Steven Flowers, Substance
* Tim Davies, Practical Participation
* Mark Weber, Group Director of Client Services, BDP Media and Atticmedia
* John Craig, Director, Innovation Exchange
* DK, MediaSnackers
* Greg Villalobos, Bold Creative
Official Website: http://www.4children.org.uk/events/show/ref/159
Added by Opportunity Links on October 17, 2008