Kami Huyse and Geoff Livingston
Social media is often approached as a separate discipline from traditional public relations and marketing. Too many times, social media campaigns are heavy on tactics and too light on strategic framework. While effectively engaging in social media requires a shift in thinking, it shouldn’t be considered in isolation from the strategic communications or marketing plan. This half-day seminar is designed to give participants the knowledge and tools they need to start incorporating social media into their public relations and marketing plans today and create innovative programs that align with both the organizational and communications objectives.
Participants of this workshop will:
* Learn how to incorporate social media into an overall strategic communications plan
* Examine strategic ways to get buy-in for the social media plan across the organization
* Gain the resources necessary to start engaging in social media immediately
* Achieve a clear understanding of how to measure success
* Look at real-world case studies with applicable strategies and techniques that can be adopted for your own online campaigns.
Added by Zoetica Media on February 21, 2010