Forget the polite small-talk, suits and the “good ‘ole boys”
smoke-filled back room deals… today’s young professionals, entrepreneurs and techies are shunning staid, old fashioned networking events for high-octane power events at local hot spots.
On August 22, join NCET and the Reno-Tahoe Young Professional’s Network (YPN) as they put a modern-day spin on Greater Reno Tahoe’s networking with the launch of Wi-Fi Wednesdays: “Connecting the Connected.”
- Wi-Fi Wednesdays is a bi-monthly high-energy networking opportunity designed exclusively for the influential 21-39 demographic
- Held in wireless venues throughout Reno
- Entertaining high-tech networking tools
- “Speed networking,” a twist on the “speed dating” concept that helps facilitate numerous one-on-one introductions in a short period of time
- Brief presentations by successful young entrepreneurs and technology professionals.
The Chocolate Bar
August 22 - 5:30 – 7:30 pm
475 S. Arlington Ave, Reno
August's Wi-Fi Wednesday features a YouTube contest where you get to vote on your favorite video. To enter, send links of your best videos (3
max) to [email protected] by Monday, August 20.
- Space for the August 22 Wi-Fi Wednesdays debut is limited and reservations are preferred.
- Cost for the event is $5 per person for Reno-Tahoe YPN members and $10 per person for non-members. [email protected].
The inaugural Wi-Fi Wednesday is sponsored by Nevada’s Commission on Economic Development (NCED).
Official Website: http://www.ncet.org
Added by davidlaplante on August 4, 2007