Post-holiday broke-ness paired with a need to inject new life to your wardrobe...
New Year’s resolution to get your spending under control...
Trying to tread lightly on the earth...
Whatever your reasons, come to the Naked Lady Clothing Swap.
Naked Lady Clothing Swaps bring together ladies seeking to offload underused clothing in exchange for that of their sisters in style. Liberate your castoffs, amass a pile of new (at least to you) gear and meet new friends. All adult ages, styles, and sizes invited.
Cost: $10 (Includes light refreshments)
Let Us Know You're Coming! Add yourself to the evite at:
Space is limited to 40 lucky ladies. You must pay when you RSVP. To register, add yourself to the evite here.
2:00-2:30 p.m. Clothing Sort and Refreshments
2:30- 3:30 p.m. Women-only Clothing Swap
How it works:
1. Bring clean, gently used clothing you no longer wear (no undergarments, please). Also shoes, scarves, hats, jewelry, & accessories.
2. Upon arrival, each lady will sort their items by type (skirts, dresses, tops, accessories, etc.) onto labeled tables.
3. At the appointed time, all ladies are invited to browse the heaps and try on clothes. Get co-participants' feedback on your chosen gear. Note: Keep things positive and kind. Make new friends. There will be semi-private changing areas. Feel free to wear a bathing suite if you’d like to try on clothes in the open area.
6. Any pieces no one wants at the end of the swap can go home with their owners or designated as a donation to Goodwill.
Mind your P’s and Q’s
* Don't bring crap. Bring only those clothes that still have style and stamina. No stains or holes the designer didn’t intentionally put there. Make the effort to give someone else a "find."
* Don't be grabby. Elbows-out linebacker stance is bad form, as is tugging and ripping. Ladies should only take home as much clothing as they brought.
* Mum's the word. You may think that plaid pencil skirt is dreadful, but don't say so. Control exclamations of "Oh my God, who brought this?" It could be the new friend you made, standing right next to you. Remember, one lady’s unflattering blouse is another lady’s treasure.
Added by Eva Schweber on January 11, 2008