Media is changing; the vast and diverse nature of content, the method of engaging this content, and how the public perceives it. We are living in an age of vast arenas of information and entertainment. Television, computers, mobile phones, iPods, and a multitude of yet to be invented devices, all are positioned in various value chains containing all sorts of content intertwined within them. This seminar will give a detailed overview in to the mobile content world. It covers everything from industry trends and terminology such as ‘3G’ and ‘Android’ through to content distribution and rights management. By the end of it you’ll be able to know what it takes to take traditional content and publish it through to customers on their mobile devices.
• Introduction to the mobile industry
• What are the key trends in 2008 and 2009?
• How will mobile content distribution change with the new entrants? (i.e. I-phone, Android)
• What is the value chain in the mobile content industry? Who are the key players?
• Trials and tribulations in taking content to the mobile platform
• Case example 1- “Develop and publish for the target market- ABC’s Who Wants to be a Millionaire”
• Case example 2- “Content rights and distribution- Sony Pictures Television’s Afterworld”
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
• Content owners and publishers
• Marketing directors
• Account managers and directors
• Brand owners
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
After attending this seminar you will be able to:
• Identify key industry trends and be better prepared to position your company to capitalize on the emerging mobile channel
• Understand terminology differences and why various stakeholders in the value chain are relevant for your business
• Where mobile should fit in to a multi-platform content distribution strategy
• Understand the sector and determine whether its an area for your company to be investing in.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
•What is fact vs what is fiction within the world of the mobile device as a content consumption medium
• Who are the key players in the industry that you need to know in order to enter the mobile market
• What a key mobile content success story is along with insight in to all the trials and tribulations that made it happen
• How the mobile industry is going to continue to evolve and the business models associated with it
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP LEADER?
Dave Lipp has been directly involved in this ‘converging’ industry for the past eight years; currently running his own consulting company. Current and past clients include T-mobile, Electronic Arts, Sony Pictures and ShoZu advising both on mobile content distribution and formulation of new business strategies. Before starting his own company he worked for Telecom New Zealand and Bell Mobility where he held various sales and marketing functions within mobile content.
Dave has an MBA from Erasmus University in Rotterdam, NL and originally hails from Toronto, Canada.
Added by e_consultancy on August 29, 2008