Here we are back again with a summer geek special. On July 27th we will socialize in between (free) FREE BEER, tech DIY fun and new start up ideas.
Amongst the usual crowd of web entrepreneurs, developers, tech journalists and mega-geeks we will have presentations by:
* Manolis Kaleidis who developed a prototype of a ‘hyperlinked book’ (Tim O’Reilly calling him an Alpha Geek)
* Kai Hendry - WebConverger - Online OS
* Nick Black - Mappam - Federated Map Advertising
* Reshma Sohoni - Seedcamp - the European counter-part to YCombinator
The MiniBar Mantra
MiniBar is a social evening in East London which offers people a chance to snaffle some free beer while discussing p2p, Creative Commons, web applications, social networking and general Web 2.0 (3.0) mayhem & fandango.
Following O’Reilly’s successful Ignite events in Seattle we have now tightened our start-up presentations. When you present you’ll have 3 minutes each and the clock is counting down.
Here you can find people who will help you making your next project work. The event is what we call ‘useful fun’. Usually there are 250+ of London’s - and beyond - finest web entrepreneurs, designers, programmers, tech journalists, bloggers, VC’s, and technology freaks.
What we offer:
- Web-Entrepreneurs can present their start-up and tech ideas
- Presentations will be archived at openbusiness.cc/minibar
- Some start ups will be featured on O’Reilly GMT, the European O’Reilly blog
- the best ones will be invited to present at O’Reilly Web 2.0 Expo in Berlin
And of course, Free Drinks, A Lot of Fun and many Useful People
Official Website: http://www.openbusiness.cc/minibar
Added by martinbtt on July 4, 2007