Cost: $40 = PWAC members, $50 = Public, $75 = Show on the Day + GST
For more information, please contact Clare Leporati [email protected]ac.ca
Please click here to register:
The Professional Writers Association of Canada (PWAC) is delighted to offer a half-day seminar on media release writing to promote your business, organization or event, presented by freelance writer and PWAC member Paul Lima.
Writing Media Releases is more a craft than a science. However, when it comes to generating publicity you increase your chances of a "hit" if you follow the fundamental Media Release writing, issuing and follow-up do's and don'ts presented in this seminar.
The seminar includes:
* "What's News?" and "How to create news?"
* Differences between a Media Release, Media Advisories and News Kit;
* How to incorporate the most compelling W5 elements in your subject line, headline, sub-head, lead and "quote 'graph"
* How to send and where to send Media Releases
* How to compile a media mailing list and alternatives
* When and how to follow up
Instructor: Paul Lima has been a professional writer and writing instructor for over 25 years. Since 1988, he has run his own communications writing and training business. An adult educator and member of the Professional Writers Association of Canada, Paul has developed and taught business writing, copywriting, media relations, media interview preparation and other business communications courses and workshops for corporate and non-profit clients, University of Toronto students and for members of various writers' associations.
Added by thegreenpages on September 30, 2007