Same-sex couples are being denied more than 1500+ state and federal rights and responsablities granted to heterosexual couples when they marry. Helps us fight the inequality!
Marriage Equality Now, a grassroots Seattle group, is organizing the 2nd Annual March and Rally for Marriage Equality, two years after arguments were heard in the WA State Supreme Court arguing that not allowing same-sex couples to marry is unconstitutional.
We will meet at Seattle Central Community College, Broadway and Pine, at 12noon, and march down Pine to Westlake Plaza at Pine and 4th Ave for the rally at 1pm.
Speakers will include:
* Rep. Ed Murray, 43rd District,
* Marsha Botzer, Ingersoll Gender Center founder and NGLTF co-chair,
* Jamie Pedersen, Lambda Legal
* Genevieve Aguilar, Field director, ACLU of Washington,
* Ian Maki, UW School of Public Health,
* Fran Dunaway, Director, ERW,
* Drew Emery, Director of the documentary Inlaws & Outlaws,
* Roger Winters, President, Legal Marriage Alliance.
Sponsored by ERW, LMAW, QLaw, Action NW, HRC, Planned Parenthood of Western Washington.
More info at http://marriageequalitynow.org
Added by matiasp on February 25, 2006