For the first gathering of 2009, Manoa Geeks returns to its roots, stepping back from barstools and disco balls to again embrace friendly, thoughtful spaces provided by local companies hoping to foster and connect with the local Web 2.0 and tech community.
Hopefully this note reaches you early enough to mark your calendars and to start collecting cool links and projects to share. I'll send another reminder a week or so before the meetup as well!
* Host Presentation: What's up at Straub?
* Let's Eat!
* Demos and Announcements
* Talkstory: The Best Part!
* We're meeting in the Physician's Dining Room on the first floor. Follow the signs from the main hospital entrance.
* It'll be a snug fit! The techiest types are invited to sit in on the demos, while the social geeks can mingle outside.
* Carpool if you can! Street parking is available on adjacent streets. No validation will be available on the premises.
* We're trying a later start time (6:30 p.m.), so more folks can join us after work. But try not to be late!
About Our Host
A big mahalo to the folks at Straub Clinic & Hospital, which was founded in 1921 and has grown to be one of Hawaii's largest health care providers. As part of Hawaii Pacific Health, Straub is part of a non-profit medical system that services Hawaii through a family of hospitals, clinics, outpatient centers and hundreds of physicians and clinicians throughout Hawaii. We especially want to thank Angela Keen and Mark Ching for bringing Manoa Geeks to Straub.
Learn more about Straub at http://www.straubhealth.org and follow Angela Keen (@AngelaKeen) and Mark Ching (@MarkChing) on Twitter!
We have a place and time... now we only need you. Feel free to invite a friend -- we looking forward to seeing you there! Please RSVP via Eventbrite:
Official Website: http://www.manoageeks.com
Added by hawaii on December 22, 2008