Keeping your product pipeline full while balancing resources for existing products ....that's a challenge! But too often, portfolio management practices have been internally-driven, focused on allocating resources, ROI and risk/return. That's changing. Our program this month explains how companies are moving away from an internally-driven portfolio decision model to one that focuses on delivering market value.
Some takeaways include:
* How to capture market data and link it to the product management process.
* How to link market data to corporate strategic directions
* What Voice of the Customer processes are good feeds into the portfolio assessment process
* How do you leverage social innovation communities
* How do you track market trends and link them into requirements
* What types of outside focus provide dynamic portfolio management
* Can good portfolio management reduce time to market?
About our Speaker:
Director of Product Operations
Michael Marfise has been providing innovative solutions and delivering effective results for early-stage and established technology software companies for the last 15 years. He is currently responsible for developing and executing the product vision and strategy as well as managing the product development organization at Accept Software. In his first 18 months at Accept, he successfully launched 4 product releases that won 2 industry awards for product excellence. Prior to joining, Accept, Michael was a key executive at Workscape, responsible for Engineering, QA and Product Management. Michael has a BS in Computer Science from Northern Illinois University.
Members: Free; Preregistered Partners: $25; Others: $35. $5 more at the door.
Official Website: http://norcalpdma.org
Added by FullCalendar on March 19, 2007