Many organisations are finding that the search application on their web site and intranet, or even a more comprehensive enterprise search, is not providing the expected benefits.
Finding a solution to the problem is not easy as there are so many variables. Is the search engine unsuitable for the task, are expectations too high, or is the way that the search engine has been implemented not best practice?
The objective of this workshop is to help delegates analyse the nature of the problem that they are facing, and then to provide a range of solutions for consideration.
The main sections of the workshop will be:
- Diagnosing search problems
- Understanding why and how people search
- The impact of content quality on search performance
- Comparison of the search capabilities of SharePoint 2007 and 2010
- Overview of commercial and open-source search engines
- Upgrade or replace – the options and issues
- Making effective use of search logs
- Developing a strategic plan for search
The workshop is organized by IntraTeam. You can learn more about us at our website: www.IntraTeam.com
Official Website: http://www.intrateam.com/Default.aspx?ID=4671
Added by LouiseIntraTeam on July 7, 2010