Join Los Angeles and the Boston, SF Cutters and FCP UGs from around the world in San Francisco for the largest gathering of FCP users and Gurus on the Planet
Where? - Robertson Auditorium, Mission Bay Conference Center (Rutter Center)- UCSF (Download Driving and Parking and Train instructions HERE)
1675 Owens Street
San Francisco, CA 94158
MUNI requires an exact change fare of $1.50, quarters are best. A system Map of Muni and the T Line (Red) exit UCSF/Mission Bay walk along Gene Friend Way to Robertson Auditorium in the Community Center can be downloaded here:
When? Wednesday, January 7, 2009 - 7:00PM - 10:00PM
(Doors open 4:30PM for FCP Trade Show featuring 24 vendors)
Why? Because you need to learn something and meet people who are smarter than you.
How Much? - $10.99 per person. $15.00 at the door. Ticket will include 2 raffle tickets.
Any raffle prizes? Of course. $2.00 per ticket or 3 for $5.00
Currently over $40,000 + value in the raffle now, first 300 paid ticket holders to arrive will receive a valuable reusable "goodie" bag.
Who should attend? - Digital Content Creators who work on a Mac and anyone and everyone who wants to learn something and meet people that are smarter than them.
What's On the Agenda?
- Christine Steele: FCP Tips and Tricks
- Bruce Nazarian: Blu-Ray on the Cheap. How to build a compatible Blu-Ray Disk and burn it on DVD-R media without a Blu-Ray burner.
- JVC: Craig Yanagi of JVC will announce the world's first acquisition product developed especially for Final Cut post production. Come and be a part of this historic event.
- Apple: The latest on Final Cut Studio
30 minute BREAK
- Eric Escobar: "Plug-Ins Won't Save You"
A plug-in package alone won't create the "look" of your movie. A "look" is a combination of preproduction, design, performance, camera work and post wizardry. Eric will show us how to deconstruct a "look" from a TV show or movie, and reconstruct it on-the-cheap.
- Yun Suh: Clips from the documentary film "City of Borders" (Show and Tell)
- BlackMagic Design: Animator/filmmaker M dot Strange shows you the ultimate low budget 3d animation techniques that can be utilized to create eye popping animations without having to break the bank, or your brain. Featuring a walkthrough of two recent 1080p 3d animated music videos he produced in the past year.
Official Website: http://www.lafcpug.org/macworld09
Added by ccrask on January 2, 2009