The conference will be held over 2 days and is aimed at people who work on the web in the Local Government in New South Wales, but all or most topics will be relevant to those working in the public sector, community groups, and non-profits, as well as other tiers of Government.
We will have presentations and workshop sessions from some of the leading experts in Australia as well as case studies from people working in government. We want you to come away from this conference feeling part of this web community. We want to give you the chance to participate in discussion and debate, as well as networking with other professionals.
Speakers confirmed (so far)
These are the confirmed speakers so far, we’ve got more in the pipeline and session descriptions and bio’s will be up soon. But hopefully these will whet your appetite…
* John Allsop (The way the web is headed and what Government can do with web technologies)
* Ruth Ellison and Adrian Newton (Usability and User Centred Design)
* Mathew Hodgson (Intranets, social computing tools, frameworks, methodologies)
* Joanna Lewis (Information Architecture)
* Tim Lucas (An Introduction to Ruby on Rails)
* James Robertson (OpenSource Web Content Management: are we asking the right questions?)
* Joanna Lewis and Reem Abdelaty (Usability Survey and re-design of Local-e)
Official Website: http://lgwebnetwork.org/conference/
Added by RuthEllison on July 7, 2008