Fully updated for 2009, including Olympic 2012 marketing, Unfair Commercial Practices legislation and new Directives emerging from Brussels.
This course provides clarity on the legal issues of online marketing through using plain language to explain what is and what isn’t acceptable in the context of the most common forms of online marketing communications. Its wide-ranging scope covers legal issues throughout the lifetime of a customer, from prospecting through to fulfilment.
Who should attend?
Ecommerce managers, marketers and database administrators involved in managing ecommunication, whether through a website, email or SMS.
How will I benefit?
You will be able to assess key legal requirements for both electronic marketing campaigns and company websites, identify high-risk areas related to privacy and confidential data and become confident about managing risk.
What will I learn?
In this wide-ranging course we will explore, challenge and discuss the critical legislation which will impact on all areas of your marketing strategy and execution, from the Data Protection Act 1998 to new directives emerging from Brussels. You will also learn how to assess compliance and ensure that data capture is legal, avoiding the pitfalls commonly associated with outsourcing. A sample of the course content:
· The impact of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and the Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008
· Email and SMS marketing campaign compliance, including Data Protection Act 1998, Privacy, Electronics Communications Regulations 2003 and Information Commissioner Guidelines
· Website compliance and accessibility, including cookies, data capture, privacy statements and Disability Discrimination Act 2005
· Olympic Campaigns: how Olympic Symbol etc. (Protection) Act 1995 (c. 32) and London Olympic Games & Paralympic Games Act 2006 affect your 2012-focussed campaigns
Key learning outcomes
· Understand the laws about opt-out and opt-in, what lists you can and can’t buy, and confidence in using email and multimedia marketing.
· How to discover if your website is compliant and your data capture is legal.
· How to ask key questions of suppliers that will separate the good from the dangerous.
· How to avoid the basic, costly mistakes many marketers will make as 2012 Olympic campaigns proliferate.
Official Website: http://econsultancy.com/training/courses/legal
Added by E-consultancy on October 27, 2009