We are living in a US economy where more than two million jobs were lost and where consumer spending has fallen by more than 3% annually. Even worse, according to some CEOs, the economy has not been this badly off in the last 43 years.
* What steps are business leaders in the Silicon Valley taking to make sure that their enterprises do not only go under, but also thrive in these harsh times?
* Do they encourage worst-case scenario thinking or suggest a continued feeling of optimism - after all, every recession has an end?
* Is there a new reality that companies have to face and do they have to reset their priorities accordingly?
* Is it time to invent new products or technologies, or do they improve what worked in the past?
* Jean-Louis Gassee, Partner, Allegis Capital
* Victoria Livschitz, CEO, Grid Dynamics
* Bettina Jetter, Founder, Mindjet
Tom Chaffin, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Please join us for an exciting discussion organized jointly by GABA and the Chinese Software Professional Organization (CSPA).
Appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks will be served.
$15 members, $20 non-members (Pre-registration, online); at the door and for registrations after May 18th: $30 Members, $35 Non-Members.
Official Website: http://www.gaba-network.org
Added by FullCalendar on May 11, 2009