CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: LA SUPERETTE 2006
ABOUT LA SUPERETTE:
La Superette is an annual event, an art sale held usually around the holiday season in December. We organize a temporary store where artists sell functional art in multiples at affordable prices. In addition to the sale we usually schedule musical performances as well as puppet shows, and video screenings to run throughout the day. The project is conceived and organized as a place for artists to meet and collaborate on a specific project. We publish a catalog zine, which distributes contact information of all participating artists, host a web catalog on this site, and produce a video catalog which is screened at the event. La Superette 2005 included more than 100 artists and attracted thousands of visitors and shoppers.
WHEN + WHERE:
The 9th Annual La Superette will take place on Saturday December 9th at Eyebeam in conjunction with the Holiday Hackshop.
Eyebeam is located at:
540 West 21st Street
New York, NY 10011
- The deadline for online submission is October 30, 2006
- Work must be functional, original and cheap ($1-$100)
- Preference is given to: hacks, idea based crafts, amateurs, artists merchandising, and inventions.
- You price your own work, and receive 80% of the proceeds from any sale.
- La Superette is not responsible for damage to or loss of your work.
- La Superette arranges the installation of the work and has one cashier. You don't have your own booth.
- You will receive payment when you pick up your work.
- More then one set of items are welcome.
- There will be music, food, and drinks as always.
Eyebeam engages cultural dialogue at the intersection of the arts and sciences. Its goal is to forge an understanding of the relatedness of these practices, which are becoming increasingly significant engines of cultural production. Eyebeam amplifies the flux and hybridity of the art/science intersection by openly fostering the parallel strands of education, research, production, and exhibition with its public and peers. It implements this mission by: providing educational programming and access to cultural resources to the community, facilitating research and development of innovation in cultural production and technology, enabling artistic creation by providing access to technological and cultural resources, and expanding and informing the critical perception of art, culture and media through exhibitions and public programs.
Official Website: http://www.lasuperette.org
Added by The Tank on October 1, 2006