Kirkland Business Association
Supporting Eastside Businesses and its community since Sept. 12, 2006
Note: Kirkland Business Association is not affiliated in any way at this time with www.kirklandbusinessassociation.org
The Kirkland Business Association
"The Friendly Way To Grow Your Business"
For more info regarding membership and current weekly & monthly events...
Visit our website at...
Or contact Mario Morales at (425) 820-6373
Our June luncheon will be held on Wednesday, June 18th, 2008.
Guest Speaker: Kelleen Griffin
Negotiations: Separating the Person from the Problem
A presentation by Kelleen Griffin
Griffin Executive Coaching
“You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist.” Indira Ghandi
Ever “reason” with a nine year old who wants his own iPhone? A partner who has selective hearing? Seattle Public Utilities after there was a leak underground at your house? A bank that can’t find the title to your car? A friend who is mystified about getting fired? Yourself?
Call it what you like - reasoning with, persuading, influencing, nagging, haggling - it all comes down to negotiations. All encounters, whether personal or professional, whether dealing with a client, a colleague, a neighbor, a family member, or even people we don’t know like a banker, an insurance broker, a car salesperson or a flight attendant, ALL encounters improve when a good negotiator is present.
During this presentation you will learn practical tools to improve your skill as a negotiator. We’ll review the negotiation process and discuss a simple framework to keep in mind any time you encounter someone with whom you need to reach an agreement. We will also deep dive into the graveyard of all ineffective negotiations: focusing on the person and not the problem.
Some outcomes of the session include:
* Gain more confidence negotiating
* Identify your needs and wants and the needs and wants of others
* Improve interactions in all of your relationships
* Learn to better handle difficult situations, including hard bargainers, power and information imbalances, deadlines, and emotional situations
* Understand your own style as a bargainer
* Internalize new and practical tools for negotiation
Come prepared for an interactive and fun session. You might not be quite ready for a spot on the US /China Trade Commission, but that honey-do list, piece o’cake!
This amazing Luncheon will only cost:
$18.00 Members (in advance)
$23.00 Non-Member (in advance)
$23.00 Members (at the door)
$26.00 Non-Members (at the door)
Please RSVP to the KBA office at (425) 820-6373 or email to [email protected].
(See menu below for meal options)
All meals include non-alcoholic beverage
Tax and gratuity included
1. Chicken Cobb Salad - Grilled chicken breast, wild greens, avocado, tomatoes, almonds, blue cheese and bacon. Served with white balsamic-basil vinaigrette.
2. Beef Stroganoff - Braised tenderloin beef and forest mushrooms in a creamy veal reduction with fresh herbs over a bed of penne noodles, topped with sour cream. Served with grilled herb toast.
3. Vegetarian Stir-Fry - Carrots, celery, snow peas, shiitake mushrooms, scallions, cabbage and water chestnuts, in a soy ginger glaze. Topped with crispy chow mein noodles and spicy wasabi peas.
4. Meatless Portobello Mushroom Burger - Grilled balsamic-herb marinated portobello mushroom, onion, tomato, lettuce, and lemon-basil aïoli on a foccacia herb roll. Served with fries.
5. Half BLT – pepper bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise on herb foccacia roll
with choice of soup or salad.
6. Fish and Chips- hand breaded true cod filet, beer battered and quick fried.
Served with coleslaw, yam fries, and potato fries.
7. Hector's Burger - 1/2 pound of our special seasoned fresh ground round, broiled to perfection.
Topped with lettuce, tomato, onions, and mayonnaise. Served with fries.
Southwestern All Veggie Patty Available
8. Teriyaki Chicken Salad - grilled chicken, mandarin oranges, sweet and sour cucumbers,
Official Website: http://www.kirklandbusiness.org
Added by montageadvertising on June 12, 2008