Skills Matter is pleased to support JAOO Conference 2009 taking place in Aarhus, Denmark from 4-9th October 2009!
JAOO Aarhus is the premier European software conference focused on engaging the hearts and minds of developers. The event has grown over the years and now consists of 5 tracks covering a variety of technologies including Enterprise Java, Ajax, Cloud, .NET, Functional Languages, SOA, Architecture & Design, Databases, Agility and more!
* 3 conference days
* 18 full day tracks
* 80 international speakers
* 1200 attendees
SCHEDULE - CONFERENCE AND TUTORIAL DAYS
JAOO consists of the main conference taking place on 5-7 October plus optional tutorials scheduled on 4th, 8th and 9th October. There are 5 different tracks to choose from each day as follows:
* Monday - Browser As a Platform, Essential Development Skills, Programming Languages, Solutions:Spring in a Day, Types of Architecture, Web-Oriented Data
* Tuesday - Agile in Practice, Business Drivers and Challenges in Software Development, Developer Tools, Is REST turning SOA's promise into reality?, Java Now, The Concurrency challenge
* Wednesday - .NET Platform, Cloudy Computing, Documenting Design and Architecture, IPhone Application Development, The Heart of Agile
In addition to the main conference, delegates may choose to attend the scheduled additional tutorial days taking place on 4th, 8th and 9th October. There are 10 different tutorials to choose from each day covering a range of technologies, all delivered by leading experts.
There are currently 80 speakers scheduled to deliver sessions throughout JAOO - all are world-leading expert and thought leaders. You can view the full list here. Speakers include:
Urs Hölzle: One of Google's first ten employees, Senior Vice President of Operations, Google.
Don Syme: Designer and co-implementer of the F# language.
Mary Poppendieck: Thought leader in the software industry.
Rich Hickey: Creator of Clojure.
Scott Ambler:Founder of the Agile Modeling methodology.
Dan North: Agile troublemaker, developer, originator of BDD.
Graeme Rocher: Co-Founder & Head of Grails Development at SpringSource.
Kevlin Henney:Industry Expert on Software Architecture, Patterns, Processes and Languages.
Michael T. Nygard:Track Host, Author of "Release It".
Ola Bini:Core developer for JRuby since 2006 and is the author of the APress book Practical JRuby on Rails.
JAOO provides amble opportunity to network with colleagues, peers and speakers. JAOO is known for the speakers to stay throughout the conference, interacting with attendees day and night. This is also their opportunity to meet with you! Scheduled social events include:
* Exhibitor Reception Monday: 18:15 - 19:00
* Conference Party Monday: 19:15 - 24:00
* JAOO IT-Run Tuesday: 18:30 Start
* User Group Geek Night Tuesday: 17:30 - 19:30
* Jam Session Tuesday: 20:00 - 23:00
Full details can be viewed here.
Registration is now open and places available on a strictly first come, first served basis. There are a range of tickets available starting from just €24. Early Bird discounted rates are available on most ticket types if you book before 29th August so get your skates on and reserve your place now! The most popular ticket types are as follows:
* 3 day conference: €1,880 or reduced to €1,700 if booked before 29th August.
* 3 day conference + 2 days tutorials: €2,700 or reduced to €2,430 if booked before 29th August
* 3 day conference + 3 days utorials: €3,100 or reduced to €2,790 if booked before 29th August
SKILLS MATTER COMMUNITY DISCOUNT
Skills Matter has negotiated a special 20% discount from the entry fee for all community members! Simply quote promo code skillsmatter2009 when booking online to save.
We look forward to seeing you at JAOO!
Official Website: http://jaoo.dk/aarhus-2009/
Added by stevewalsh2009 on September 8, 2009