IP Due Diligence for Semiconductor Venture Investments
January 24, 2008 | 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM | 650 Page Mill Road, Palo Alto
Event Sponsor: Wilson Sonsini Goodrich& Rosati
The lifeblood of the semiconductor industry is innovation. Whether a company is a fledgling startup or has grown into a multinational titan, its ultimate success depends upon its ability to anticipate and influence emerging technologies. Accordingly, the status of a semiconductor company's IP is among the most important inquiries VCs can make in deciding whether to invest in the company. IP due diligence remains, however, one of the least understood parts of investing in semiconductor companies.
VC Taskforce, in partnership with Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, will sponsor an event at which a panel of leading industry experts will present practical approaches toward semiconductor IP due diligence. In an effort to demystify the IP due diligence process, the panel discussion will address topics such as:
* Understanding the essentials: Important issues to be aware of in semiconductor IP due diligence.
* Getting to the heart of the matter: The questions VCs should be asking; and the answers they should expect.
* Getting results: What VCs must do to get the answers they need.
* How much is enough? Deciding the amount of time and money to devote to IP due diligence.
* When to walk away: IP issues that can be deal breakers.
Our lively panel discussion and Q&A will also provide critical insight into high-level trends in the current semiconductor industry.
Moderator: Michael J. Danaher, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
Irwin R. Gross, General Partner, WorldView Technology Partners
John S. Ferrell, Co-Founder, Carr & Ferrell LLP
Michael Barclay, Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
Program: Doors Open: 6:00pm;
$45 VC Taskforce members, $67 Affiliates, $87 General, plus CVENT processing.
Official Website: http://www.VCTaskForce.com
Added by FullCalendar on December 27, 2007