Mobile experts and analysts have long forecast the rapid adoption of mobile services and applications. But mobile internet applications which behave like classic web apps were always more wishful thinking than reality. The only real mobile "killer app" with significant impact was the text message (SMS). Until now. Recent developments have set the stage for mobile internet services to finally enter our daily lives in a meaningful way. New devices improve not just performance but the user experience. Major software and internet companies are developing next-generation mobile platforms that create real benefits for business customers and consumers at large. Powerful broadband networks allow our mobile experiences to be much more fun. Our panel will discuss where the mass-adopted mobile internet will head in the coming years.
Key questions include:
* Where is this trend heading in the next few years?
* Will everybody have an iPhone or similar device?
* What will be the most successful mobile apps?
* Which companies will benefit from this trend?
A panel of experts with backgrounds in the internet, software, mobile networking, hardware and semiconductor industries will discuss the future of mobile internet and its impact on our daily lives.
Jonathan Atkins, Managing Director RBC Capital Markets, Telecommunications Equity Research
* Jacob Lehrbaum, CTO SUN Software Group
* Andreas Lieber, Senior Director Strategic Partnerships, Yahoo!
* Konstantin Guericke, CEO Jaxtr
* Senior Directors at Motorola and Nokia
6:00 - 7:00 pm Registration / Networking
7:00 - 8:30 pm Program
8:30 - 9:00 pm Networking / Reception
Complimentary appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks will be served.
$20 Members, $35 Non-Members, $50 at the door.
Added by FullCalendar on June 8, 2008