Innovation is the main driver of economic growth around the world. In western Canada, innovation has created value added opportunities both in the resource sector and by the creation of new high technology enterprises, in areas such as information and communications technology and healthcare. Increasing globalization has created opportunities and threats for western Canadian based companies. The financial and economic crisis has created insecurity and restructuring. At the same time, environmental issues are becoming more pressing, and innovations will be needed to solve them. But history tells us that major innovations often get their start in times of economic turmoil.
These developments raise several important questions:
* How does Canada’s innovation look from a global perspective?
* How can we collaborate better to create wealth?
* How can western Canadian industry become more sustainable?
* How do other jurisdictions deal with these issues?
* And finally, what is the role for government?
The fifth InnoWest Conference tackles each of these questions by bringing together international experts and local leaders. Speakers will illuminate these issues and then discuss them in panels with local leaders, with questions and comments from the audience.
Plan to attend the conference.
InnoWest 2009 will be valuable for you if you work relates to:
* Strategic planning
* Economic growth and diversification
* Providing services to the High Technology or resource sectors
* Business and economic planning
* Research and technology
* Education and training
Official Website: http://www.thecis.ca/index.php?catID=76
Added by jeffreypriebe on February 12, 2009