How can you make the following 10 goals of enterprise virtualization part of your IT organization's reality?
Improve server utilization.
Lower hardware costs.
Reduce power and cooling requirements.
Increase system uptime.
Accelerate server, storage, and desktop provisioning.
Increase data protection.
Reduce security risks.
Ensure rapid disaster recovery.
Create a flexible infrastructure.
Enhance business agility.
The best place to start is InfoWorld's Virtualization Executive Forum, coming to San Francisco on February 12, 2007.
Quickly making its presence known among senior technologists and business management, Enterprise Virtualization combines server, storage, application and desktop virtualization technologies to create a more flexible, cost-effective infrastructure, ease the deployment of servers, applications, and client systems, and pave the way to dynamically manage your IT environment.
InfoWorld's full-day conference offers unparalleled access to industry luminaries and influential peers, providing you with exclusive networking opportunities with technology thought-leaders. Immerse yourself in compelling case studies, discussions of real-world pains and gains, and the practical guidance you need to implement a virtualization strategy for your business.
Conference topics include:
* Report from the Front Lines -- early adopters share their experiences implementing and managing virtualization
* From Physical to Virtual: Planning and Deployment -- prescriptive guidance for migrating systems from a physical IT environment to a virtual infrastructure
* Storage Virtualization Strategies -- how virtualization can ease storage management, improve data availability, and create a foundation for disaster recovery and business continuity
* Enterprise Application Virtualization -- how enterprise-oriented grid technologies meet fluctuating application demands through a shared services architecture
* Desktop Virtualization -- a survey of approaches to virtualizing desktop systems and client applications, the benefits, the costs, and the challenges
* Putting Virtualization to Work for IT -- a look at the many ways, from load balancing and software support to demos and training, that virtualization can deliver unexpected benefits to IT
* Better Testing Through Virtualization -- best practices for configuring and managing virtualization in test and development environments
Official Website: http://www.infoworld.com/event/virtualization/
Added by larsleckie on January 11, 2007