Webcredible's hands-on IA training course lasts for one full day and usually has a maximum of 10 participants due to its interactive nature.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
During the one-day interactive course you will:
- Go through a comprehensive user-centered design process
- Conduct in-depth user research & requirements gathering sessions
- Analyse research data & apply this to a website strategy
- Come up with initial conceptual designs based on site strategy
- Learn how to develop site maps and categorisation structures
- Understand the different navigation models available and when to use them
- Design wireframes for content pages & transactional processes and forms
- Discover how to conduct design evaluations & walkthroughs
Our information architecture training follows one basic principle:
'Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime'
Put simply, we don't want to create your IA for you - we want you to be able to do it by yourself, again and again in the future. The information architecture training lasts for one full day, during which time you'll complete a series of exercises designed for you to discover the answers by yourself and then put into practice what you've learnt.
By the end of the day, you'll have acquired a deep understanding of how to research and design a full information architecture. As a result of our hands-on information architecture (IA) training, you'll have:
- A deeper understanding of your new knowledge
- Ownership of what you've learnt
- The ability to apply what you've learnt again and again in the future
"The training was excellent. I'll certainly recommend it to those around me." - Andy Brockie, Guardian.
"We were delighted with the course and are now perfectly equipped to improve the online content for all our customers." - Richard Linnington, First Choice Holidays.
"Practical exercises helped us apply our new skills during the training. It was fun, interesting and interactive - I'd recommend it to anyone." - Filip Elerud, Levi Strauss.
LOCATION & PRICING
The IA training takes place in our purpose-built training centre in Aldgate, London and costs £395 + VAT per person. A discount of up to 20% is available if you book more than one course.
Please see www.webcredible.co.uk/iatraining for further information and to reserve your place on this fantastic course!
Official Website: http://www.webcredible.co.uk/iatraining
Added by Webcredible on March 10, 2009