Unveiling party for the new mural diptych by Mona Caron, the muralist behind the Market Street history mural on Church and 15th, and the Duboce Bikeway Mural on Duboce and Church, amongst others.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
2:00pm - 5:00pm (unveiling at 3:15pm)
3865 24th Street, betw. Vicksburg and Sanchez, in the lot between the two murals
- Rupa and the April Fishes -- www.aprilfishes.com
- Mark Growden -- www.myspace.com/markgrowden
- DJ Felina -- www.djfelina.com
- Mona Caron, the muralista - Unveil her murals on site, buy prints & postcards to take home!
- Fabulous thrift couture by Conscious Fashionistas! Recycled is beautiful! Get decked out on site - www.consciousfashionistas.com
- Mural Puppet show (yep! inside the mural!) with David Solnit, Tom Cohen, Jeffrey Alphonsus Mooney and friends. "Who's food? Our food!"
- Organic veggie food and fresh juices by Juicey Lucy will be for sale at the event.
- Free amazing mural-cake from Noe Valley Bakery! Get some while it lasts... but admire it first!
UNVEILING AT 3:15, with:
- Mona about the murals
- Chris Carlsson about utopian and Nowtopian dreams for our City
- poems by Zack Rogow
"WHAT CAN I BRING?"
Parking or park? Car-storage or living room?
It's up to us!! Let's transform the parking lot!
--> BRING A PILLOW, a BLANKET, a chair, a persian rug, some turf, a parasol, a hassock, a houseplant, a samovar, or...???
Let's furnish the place! We'll prepare an area to be transformed into a cosy lounge.
The party will start right after the lovely Noe Valley Farmer's Market
breaks down, which takes place in the same location from 9 to 1pm,
and to which these murals are dedicated.
Special thanks to the Community Challenge Grant Program, Noe Valley farmers Market, Noe Valley Bakery, Noe Valley Ministry, and all the performers.
Official Website: http://www.monacaron.com/noe-valley
Added by lrelliott on September 16, 2008