This panel discussion is the first event of SCEA Emerging Technology and Entrepreneurship series, jointly held with SDFORUM. This event is sponsored by SAP Labs.
Interdisciplinary innovation, characterized by the convergence of scientific and engineering disciplines and the involvement of teams with diverse backgrounds, is transforming the current landscape of entrepreneurship. This event will help entrepreneurs achieve even greater success by learning how to build an integrated team of talents from different disciplines and succeed from the very beginning. The panel features the best practice and experience sharing by leading Silicon Valley entrepreneurs and venture capitalists regarding the stories behind their successes and how they got there. This event also provides an invaluable professional networking platform for you to meet fellow entrepreneurs and investors in Silicon Valley.
Key questions to be answered at this event:
* Why and when to start a company or fund a startup company?
* What are the important criteria to start a company or fund a company?
* What are the critical factors to grow a startup company?
* Why do some startup companies succeed while others fail?
* How people from different subject areas can start up together with innovative ideas?
* How to transform a $1M idea into a $1B successful company?
* What are the future trends in technology field? What are hot fields there? How much money going in these fields?
FREE PARKING AVAILABLE.
LIGHT DINNER AND SOFT DRINKS INCLUDED.
6:00pm – 7:00pm: Registration and Networking (Light Dinner Served)
6:00pm – 7:00pm: Free Legal Consultation for Entrepreneurs by SCEA Diamond Sponsor (SCEA members only, 15min/person), James C. Chapman, Partner, NixonPeabody, LLP
7:00pm – 8:00pm: Panel Discussion: How interdisciplinary innovation helps startup?
8:00pm – 8:30pm: Networking
Susan Lucas-Conwell, CEO, SDFORUM
Daniel Rosenberg, SVP, Product User Experience, SAP
James C. Chapman, Partner, NixonPeabody, LLP
Thomas J. Buckholtz (Ph.D.), Former co-CIO, U.S. federal government Executive Branch
James Zhang (Ph.D.), VP, Founding Scientist, Mendel Biotechnology
Official Website: http://www.scea.org/events/2007-08/Jan1708/Index.asp
Added by MingPlusPlus on January 10, 2008