Oct 22, 10am to 2pm & Oct 23, 11am-3pm
CUESA & The Ferry Building Celebrate Food Day with a Harvest Festival.
It's time to Eat Real, America!Come learn about your food system and enjoy unique harvest-themed activities.
Stop by for two fun-filled days!
Saturday, October 22nd at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market, 10am-2pm
- Cooking demo and cookbook signing with Sam Mogannam, the mastermind behind the popular Bi-Rite Market and author of Bi-Rite Market's Eat Good Food: A Grocer's Guide to Shopping, Cooking & Creating Community through Food (Ten Speed Press, 2011).
- Apple cider pressing and seasonal recipes with Sprouts Cooking Club
- Make-your-own pickle with Urban Kitchen SF
- Pick up your harvest shopping list at the information booth
- Weaving/wool spinning demonstration with Spindles & Flyers Spinning Guild
- Education and action opportunities
Sunday, October 23rd at the Ferry Building Marketplace, 11am-3pm
- Harvest-themed specials and samples throughout the building: Pumpkin Bread from Acme Bakery, olio nuevo tastings at McEvoy Ranch Olive Oil and Stonehouse California Olive Oil, pumpkins at Farm Fresh to You, and much more...
- Petting zoo
- Face painting
- Golden Gate Hot Club playing Gypsy Jazz
Official Website: http://www.cuesa.org/events/2011/harvest-festival
Added by FullCalendar on September 23, 2011