A group of folks will gather in the Italian Cemetary in Colma to play Texas Hold'em as a tribute to a recently deceased individual: http://avantgame.blogspot.com/2005/10/old-man-had-brilliant-idea.html
1. Arrive at the Italian Cemetery (540 F Street, Colma, CA 94014, 2 blocks from Colma BART station) on Saturday October 15 between 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM.
2. Look for your host near the main entrance, under the white arch. She?ll be holding a deck of cards. She will have further instructions and supplies for you.
3. Bring a single flower to place on a grave to show some respect, and to signal that you?re one of us.
4. Take a few minutes to explore the cemetery. Look for any poker chips left on tombs. You?ll need these to play.
5. Be sure to look for the grave of someone you can prove died on your birthday. You can use that tombstone as a Joker during the game.
6. Tombstone Hold ?Em Tournament begins at 2 PM. Here?s a tip: learn the rules before you come. We?ll have instructions on hand for any friends you bring along.
7. For non-poker players, there will be other creative, playful things to do. And expect a few surprises.
8. The winner is crowned at 3 PM. No fancy prizes, but lots of respect, and maybe a special memento from beyond the grave. Plus, everyone can keep the chips they earn as a souvenir.
9. After 3 PM, you?re invited to nearby Globe Tavern (7379 Mission St) to raise a glass to the players you?re leaving underground at the Italian Cemetery.
Added by zephoria on October 13, 2005