* 100% of your donation will go directly to Chrysalis. (Thanks to the generosity of Air Conditioned and our sponsors within the local community!).
* The night begins at 9pm and will feature a complimentary sampling of food from local restaurants, set to the live music of “Freddy & Francine.”
* From there, we will carry out the night with a fun party, DJ, and dancing.
* Buy pre-sale tickets here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/98855 (LIMITED quantity - only $10).
* Otherwise, get $5 off the door price by signing up on our guest list on our website: http://losangeles.philanthroproductions.org/guestlistdirect.html
* $20 at the door
* For bottle service, visit Air Conditioned’s website or call 619.288.3778 with questions. http://www.airconditionedbar.com/venice/index.htm
The topic of jobs is hitting the newswires every day. And now, homelessness in Los Angeles has hit historic numbers. When we selected our next nonprofit partner, it was clear who it should be: Chrysalis.
On Skid Row, Santa Monica, and in the San Fernando Valley, the Chrysalis center is a place where homeless individuals become self-sufficient through employment opportunities: a hand up, not a hand out. It’s a place where the mood is one of focus and hope – the phones are busy with individuals making call after call looking for a job and computer classes are full with people working to acquire everyday job skills. Walls are draped with individual success stories including advice and job opportunities are bustling out of folders. What you witness firsthand is Chrysalis’ slogan: “Changing Lives through Jobs.”
Added by philanthroproductions on February 15, 2010