The Festival of Speed’s unique ability to attract the top works Formula 1 teams is one of its key strengths, and already seven teams, as listed below, have indicated their intention to attend this year, just one week after their appearance at the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. Nowhere else in the world can you get so close to the latest and greatest cars and drivers.
* Scuderia Ferrari – the current constructors World Champions will be here from Italy to demonstrate their 2008 machine
* McLaren-Mercedes – last season’s car is expected to be in action all weekend, with current title contender Lewis Hamilton at the controls.
* BMW-Sauber – the latest potential challengers to the F1 throne will be present over the Festival weekend, showcasing their ultra-competitive 2008 car
* Honda – British hero Jenson Button will be on hand to put the RA108 through its paces
* Red Bull – the beautiful Renault-powered RB4 will smoke its tyres all weekend
* Toyota – the latest car will be in action, demonstrating their new-found pace
* Williams-Toyota – the great British team will be at the Festival with their FW29, celebrating their 30th year in Formula 1
In addition to Lewis Hamilton, look out at Goodwood for familiar F1 faces such as Sir Jackie Stewart, Martin Brundle, Mark Blundell, Murray Walker, Sir Frank Williams, Ron Dennis, Patrick Head, Ross Brawn, David Richards, Christian Horner and Adrian Newey, all of whom have attended the Festival in recent years.
Official Website: http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/festivalofspeed/
Added by Kol Tregaskes on May 26, 2008