Stanford Graduate School of Business alumni career services in association with executive recruiting firm Kathryn Ullrich Associates, Inc. presents a professional development program, Getting to the Top - COO/General Manager.
Do you aspire to become Chief Operating Officer or General Manager of a company? What skills or background do you need to learn before you get there? What can you expect once in that role? COOs and GMs will share their tips and best practices for advancing to the role within a company, including:
* What are the career paths to these roles?
* What leadership or management skills helped these executives move up the career ladder?
* What disciplines are important to master for these roles?
* What mistakes provided the most learning to these executives?
* What advice have mentors shared that led to promotions and success in the top role?
* Steven Aldrich, General Manager of Intuit, Inc.
* Gordon Chapple, CEO and President of Inspired Natural Foods
* Kevin Kennedy, CEO and President of JDS Uniphase
* Soon Yu, General Manager of Chiquita
* Moderator: Kathy Ullrich, Executive Recruiter at Kathryn Ullrich Associates, Inc.
$25 for Stanford GSB and UCLA Anderson alums, $40 for others; $10 additional at the door.
Official Website: http://www.ullrichassociates.com/career_series.html
Added by FullCalendar on March 7, 2008