There have been some great gadgets released in 2008. Do you own one? Alternatively have you created one of your own? Are you finding it hard to stop telling others just how good it is?
For Christmas, we are turning our event over to you. If you are a gizmo-geek, we will give you 5 minutes to convince members of BCS NLB why your favourite gadget of 2008 should be at the top of their Christmas list. Else, if you are one of the confused who just cannot decide if you want to get something functionable or fashionable this Christmas, come along and be part of the audience … and boo, hiss or cheer!
There will be well-known gadget-gurus judging the event including Chris Green, Editor, IT PRO (http://www.chrisgreen.co.uk/about/) who will open up with a whistle-stop tour of 2008’s gadgets.
The best pitch (or two) wins a prize!
There are some very simple rules for participants:
* The gadget must be a tangible device. It cannot be a service.
* The gadget has to be IT-related.
* The gadget does not have to be a paid-for device. It can be home-made or a mod of a paid-for gadget. However, you can only talk about a home-made gadget if you are a lone inventor or in a startup of less than 5 people.
* The gadget has to have been released/developed in 2008 (roughly).
* You have to own the gadget.
* If you cannot bring the gadget on the night you must bring a picture/video of you with it.
Following the event network with fellow gizmo-geeks, tech-enthusiasts and idea-evangelists plus half-hearted afficionados, over a mince pie, some turkey sandwiches and mulled wine!
THE EVENT IS FREE TO ATTEND, BUT REGISTRATION IN ADVANCE IS REQUIRED. PLEASE SEE http://www.nlondon.bcs.org/ FOR DETAILS.
Official Website: http://www.nlondon.bcs.org/
Added by rtandoh on November 21, 2008