There have been yet more great gadgets released in 2009. Do you own one? Have you created one of your own? Or perhaps in a eureka moment dreamt up a gadget of the future (future = 2015)?
For Christmas, once again we are turning our event over to you. If you are a gizmo-geek, we will give you 5 minutes to convince members of the BCS and invited judges (not to mention the elves) why your favourite gadget of 2009 should be at the top of their Christmas list. Else, if you are one of the bemused, come along and be part of the audience … and boo, hiss or cheer!
Spencer Kelly from BBC Click will be judging alongside Richard Banks, Interaction Designer at Microsoft Research, who will close with some thoughts on gadgets to watch out for in 2010 & beyond.
The best gadget and the best presenter will win a rather scrumptious prize (or at least a better one than last year)!
Rules for pitchers
There are some simple rules for pitchers:
- The gadget must be a tangible device or a service with a tangible element.
- The gadget has to be IT-related.
- The gadget can be home-made or a mod of a paid-for gadget. However, you can only talk about such a gadget if you are a lone inventor or in a startup of ~ 5 people.
- The gadget has to have been released/created in 2009 (roughly) or be a future prototype/design.
- You have to own the gadget, or if presenting a futuristic gadget, be able to assert your creative rights.
- If you cannot bring the gadget on the night you must bring a picture/video of you with it.
Following the event network with fellow gizmo-geeks, tech-enthusiasts and idea-evangelists plus half-hearted afficionados, over a mince pie, some turkey sandwiches and mulled wine!
FREE but registration (see bleow) is required.
Official Website: http://bcsnlbdec09-upcoming.eventbrite.com/
Added by rtandoh on November 10, 2009