Come celebrate and explore our new exhibition, Decoration and Devotion: Isabella Gardner’s East this evening. Explore some of the hidden Asian art treasures of the Gardner tonight as the sound of Japanese shakuhachi music fills the galleries.
* Courtyard Sounds: Enjoy the contemplative sounds of the Shakuhachi, by Phil James (5:30 to 8 PM)
* Gallery Travels: Explore the galleries with this self-guided tour and discover highlights of the Gardner’s Asian art collection.
* Viewfinder: Listen in on a discussion about John S. Sargent’s famous portrait of Isabella Gardner (every half-hour), plus other impromptu gallery discussions (5:30 to 8:30PM)
* Sketching in the Galleries: Create your own masterpieces with drawing in the cloisters and galleries (6 to 9PM)
* Artful Flavors: Indulge in the culinary arts, signature cocktails including the all-new Madame Gautreau, and more at the courtside bar and Gardner Café.
After Hours PLUS
March 19th, 2008, 7:00pm - Jazz at the Gardner: Melissa Aldana Quartet
Chilean saxophonist and Berklee scholar Melissa Aldana leads a group of some of Berklee’s most lauded musicians performing originals by Aldana and pianist Michael Palma.
Melissa Aldana, Tenor Saxophone
Michael Palma, piano
Dan Carpel, bass
Devin Drobka, drums
After Hours Tickets
Members: free | Adults: $12 | College Students: $5
After Hours Plus Tickets (Includes admission to After Hours)
Adults: $23 | Members: $15 | College Students: $10
Order by Phone
Box Office: 617 278 5156
Tickets also on sale at the door, subject to availability.
Artful Flavors @ After Hours
Artful culinary offerings are also being served up After Hours! Indulge in all-new specialty cocktails and snacks at The Courtside Bar adjoining the interior garden, or sit down for dinner and drinks at the award-winning The Gardner Café featuring a full menu of sweet and savory dishes to fulfill your culinary, as much as your cultural, appetites!
The Courtside Bar
Indulge in “Courtside Cocktails” and all-new “Courtside Bites” offerings at a Courtside Bar adjacent to the interior garden, open 5:30 to 9:15 pm. “Courtside Cocktails” include “THE MADAME GAUTREAU” (an all-new specialty cocktail inspired by one of Isabella Gardner’s favorite paintings), along with wine, beer, and non-alcoholic alternatives. And a changing array of “Courtside Bites” (available for just $1) will adequately sustain you to explore the galleries and art activities that await.
The Courtside Bar accepts cash and all major credit cards.
Beer | Stella Artois $6.00
Sparkling and still water $2.00
Variety of juices $2.00
New this year, creative snacks will also be offered up at the Courtside Bar for $1. “Courtside Bites” offerings will vary each month, and range from a Japanese rice cracker mix to spiced nuts and dried fruit and served up in an artful paper box.
The Gardner Café is also open during After Hours, serving up sweet and savory dishes, cocktails and other culinary offerings from 5:30 to 9 pm. Tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are available for museum members only by calling 617 566 1088.
Official Website: http://www.gardnermuseum.org/afterhours/event_march.asp
Added by gardnermuseum on December 22, 2008