Venice is our inspiration tonight, with the architecture of the museum inspired by a Venetian palazzo, it’s time to celebrate Carnevale di Venezia! So put on a mask and transport yourself to Venice at the Gardner.
* Courtyard Sounds: Enjoy ambient sounds from DJ Die Young as he spins live from the courtyard
* Gallery Travels: Discover some of the many works of art in the museum with a Venetian connection.
* Mask Making: Didn’t bring a mask? Stop by the Dutch Room and make one of your own (from 6 to 7 PM).
* Viewfinder: Listen in on a discussion about John S. Sargent’s famous portrait of Isabella Gardner (every half-hour), plus other impromptu gallery discussions (5:30 to 8:30PM)
* Sketching in the Galleries: Create your own masterpieces with drawing in the cloisters and galleries (6 to 9PM)
* Artful Flavors: Indulge in the culinary arts, signature cocktails including the all-new Madame Gautreau, and more at the courtside bar and Gardner Café.
After Hours PLUS
February 19th, 2008, 7:00pm - Contemporary Performance: Cirkestra
Formed by former circus clown Peter Bufano, Cirkestra is made up of the best circus musicians in the United States. The troupe’s music is an eclectic mix of gypsy, jazz, tango, klezmer, and the ultimately creepy circus waltz.
Peter Bufano, accordion
Käthe Louise Hostetter, fiddle
Sammy Lett, saxophone and clarinet
Mike Dobson, percussion
After Hours Tickets
Members: free | Adults: $12 | College Students: $5
After Hours Plus Tickets (Includes admission to After Hours)
Adults: $23 | Members: $15 | College Students: $10
Order by Phone
Box Office: 617 278 5156
Tickets also on sale at the door, subject to availability.
Artful Flavors @ After Hours
Artful culinary offerings are also being served up After Hours! Indulge in all-new specialty cocktails and snacks at The Courtside Bar adjoining the interior garden, or sit down for dinner and drinks at the award-winning The Gardner Café featuring a full menu of sweet and savory dishes to fulfill your culinary, as much as your cultural, appetites!
The Courtside Bar
Indulge in “Courtside Cocktails” and all-new “Courtside Bites” offerings at a Courtside Bar adjacent to the interior garden, open 5:30 to 9:15 pm. “Courtside Cocktails” include “THE MADAME GAUTREAU” (an all-new specialty cocktail inspired by one of Isabella Gardner’s favorite paintings), along with wine, beer, and non-alcoholic alternatives. And a changing array of “Courtside Bites” (available for just $1) will adequately sustain you to explore the galleries and art activities that await.
The Courtside Bar accepts cash and all major credit cards.
Beer | Stella Artois $6.00
Sparkling and still water $2.00
Variety of juices $2.00
New this year, creative snacks will also be offered up at the Courtside Bar for $1. “Courtside Bites” offerings will vary each month, and range from a Japanese rice cracker mix to spiced nuts and dried fruit and served up in an artful paper box.
The Gardner Café is also open during After Hours, serving up sweet and savory dishes, cocktails and other culinary offerings from 5:30 to 9 pm. Tables are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are available for museum members only by calling 617 566 1088.
Official Website: http://www.gardnermuseum.org/afterhours/event_february.asp
Added by gardnermuseum on December 22, 2008