The UK's premier web 2.0 event returns to London, but for the first time at its new home in ExCel, and at a new date in the calendar, October 3-5th.
Featuring three new tracks in order to provide the very best, relevant content in the main areas of web development today, two programme chairs have been elected to help put together a scintillating list of speakers and topics. The development track is being masterminded by Simon Willison, and the business and marketing track by Brian Oberkirch:
1. Development: Hear from industry experts on building web app security, OpenID, scaling your app, web page performance and more
2. Business & Marketing: The nuts and bolts of successful web ventures - funding, cash flow, customer support, marketing tips...
3. Showcase: Industry-strength products and services such as Flex 2, Silverlight, Apollo, development platforms and more...
The state-of-the-art facilities will mean you get a better conference experience, with loads of room to speak to fellow attendees.
- Building Sites to Withstand Users!
- How to take your app offline
- The Future of Search
- The Art of Attractive Yet Useable Sites
- The Future of Funding
- Web app do's and don'ts - Practical lessons we learned
- Copy is Interface
- The Future of Blogging
- Smart Web App Integration With Third Party Sites & Services
- Customer Service is the New Marketing
- Building a Community
- Smarter Client-side Development
- Cross-platform User Interfaces
- The Future of Commerce
* Lane Becker - Adaptive Path
* Heather Champ - Flickr
* Om Malik - GigaOM
* Leisa Reichert - disambiguity.com
* Kevin Rose - Pownce/digg
* Suw Charman - Open Rights
* Dick Costolo - FeedBurner
* Jyri Engestrom - Jaiku
* Erika Hall - Mule Design
* Robert Kalin - Etsy
* Feliz Petersen - Plazes
* Heidi Pollock - Twitter, Bluepulse
* Derek Powazek - Powazek.com
* Rashmi Sinha - SlideShare
* Thomas Vander Wal - InfoCloud Solutions
* Daniel Waterhouse - 3i
* Joe Walker - DWR
* John Resig - jQuery
* More being announced over next few weeks
A day of workshops from our illustrious speakers follows the event.
++ HAVE YOU BEEN TO FOWA BEFORE? CONTACT MEL [AT] CARSONSYSTEMS.COM FOR DETAILS OF ALUMNI OFFER ++
Want to exhibit at the event? Email andrew [at] carsonsystems.com for information.
Official Website: http://www.futureofwebapps.com
Added by LisaPrice on June 15, 2007
Why are all those pass types always so hard to understand at these conferences...
@BlueAce - we've hopefully simplified it a bit now :)
@BlueAce: Just get the cheap-ass pass and talk your way into the rest of the conference ;)
any advice when to buy tickets for? as a poor startup we'd rather leave it as late as possible :>
drinks on tuesday night? - anything planned?
Dear friends hope you guyes doing good
Got a free conference pass if anyone is interested. http://www.manojranaweera.com/2007/09/30/fowa-one-free-ticket-to-give-away/