Keeping with our mission to foster and support entrepreneurship, we are proud to introduce one of our premier networking events of the year. All it takes to get involved is to create and submit a business plan for an established business or an idea that you believe in!
This forum is a great way for budding and established entrepreneurs to gain publicity for their ventures, and connect with potential investors, TiE Charter Members (a group of influential entrepreneurs, corporate executives and senior professionals), and the Seattle entrepreneurial community.
As an entrepreneur, you also gain:
• Experience in pitching your idea to investors
• Real-time feedback on your plan and your pitch
• Valuable cash and invaluable professional services
• Motivation to start your entrepreneurial journey!
1. $1,000 cash prize for plan judged as ‘Most likely to be Funded’
2. $1,000 cash prize for plan judged as ‘Most likely to be Successful’
3. $3,500 worth training workshop
(Half-day STRATEGIC PROJECT MANAGEMENT MADE SIMPLE: PRACTICAL TOOLS FOR LEADERS AND TEAMS training workshop from Terry Schmidt)
Bill Bryant, Venture Partner, Draper Fisher Jurvetson
John M. Fluke, Jr., Chairman, Fluke Capital Management
Scott Jacobson, Partner, Madrona Venture Group
Geoff Entress, Venture Partner, Voyager Capital
"The TiE Funding Forum was extremely helpful for me, as it helped prepare us for large-room presentations and live-demos to investors, while the Q&A format gave us practice for the unscripted meetings that are an obvious part of the funding process. Everyone at TiE was incredibly supportive. I think this is a must-attend event for early-stage entrepreneurs who are readying themselves for the fundraising process."
Founder & CEO, TeachStreet
Added by yobiguma on December 2, 2009