MusicTank, CIDA offer FREE workshop for aspiring digital music moguls
This one-off evening seminar, free to all those who pre-register, is a joint venture between MusicTank, the UK’s music business network, and CIDA (Cultural Industries Development Agency) and follows on from the highly successful Buzz Building & Distribution sessions held last year in London, Birmingham and Belfast.
Aimed at producers, small niche labels, self-releasing artists and managers, the session will outline how best to establish an online presence / fanbase and market music online (including social networking sites, video streaming services and viral marketing).
The discussions will involve a panel of digital experts and online marketing gurus.
Speakers include -
• Chris Thompson, Founder, D A Recordings & emusu.com
• Jel, Freelance Web Designer & Consultant
• Shizzio – East London Urban MC, combining UK hip-hop with Asian heritage
• More tbc – including leading UK label representatives, managers and web developers
• (Previous Buzz Building & Distribution events have included representatives from Ninja Tune, Sanctuary Records, AIM, 7Digital, Tune Tribe & MMF)
The event will be chaired by Harry Leckstein, MD, Freeport Records & Founder, London Urban Collective.
The session will be divided into two parts:
1) Website Development
• Site construction
• Uses of audio
• e-campaigns, getting the best promotion out of Google-type search engines, data mining, key site population
• DIY approach - self-releasing online, developing a grassroots fanbase, the indie label approach to online marketing.
In order to access this event potential attendees MUST pre-register their free place by emailing: [email protected]
Buzz-Building: Squeezing The Most From The Web comprises but one part of CIDA's Digital Women's Club Initiative and applications are particularly encouraged from women who aspire to be or who are already working in digital media.
Official Website: http://www.musictank.co.uk
Added by MusicTank on March 1, 2007