As the economy begins to recover, new opportunities are encouraging both those who are currently employed and those who aren't to take a fresh look around. However, in the last 2 years, many changes have affected how companies search for top employees and how applicants should pursue desired positions. It's not enough to simply put your resume on monster.com or careerbuilder.com, job hunters must know how to use all the existing social media tools to optimize their job search reach and develop their professional network.
Attend a useful, no-nonsense SAO workshop on finding and winning jobs in the new economy job market.
You will learn:
* Top 10 tips for developing and using your network on LinkedIn and beyond
* Mixing old and new strategies in the new employment economy
* Is traditional full time employment or freelancing the best option for you?
* Target Audience: Job seekers, professionals looking to make a move in their careers, hiring managers
* Sara Davey-Schmidt, Senior Account Manager, 52 Limited
* Jeff Miller, CEO, EdgeLink
* Tore Steen, VP Marketing and Business Development, JanRain
Moderated by Alex Kroman, Director of Operations, OpenSourcery
Free for members & people in transition / $10 non members
Includes networking, program, light appetizers
Added by thomasjosephking on May 24, 2010