Tell Your Friends!
at the Lolita bar!
266 Broome St., at the corner of Allen!
8:00pm - FREE!
Host: Michelle Collins - appears regularly on the "Best Week Ever" blog
John Oliver - is a correspondant for "The Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart"
Lizz Winstead - creator of "The Daily Show," and has hosted her own show "Unfiltered" on Air America and had her own "Comedy Central Presents: Lizz Winstead" 1/2-hour special
David McSavage - a comedian from Dublin who has appeared on "The Late Late Show" four times and on Denmark's "Stand-up.dk"
Kristen Schaal - has appeared on Comedy Central's "Live at Gotham," in the smash comedy "Norbit," and was voted Best Alternative Comedian at the Aspen Comedy Festival
Liam McEneaney - as seen on Comedy Central's "Premium Blend" and VH1's "Best Week Ever"
Fiona Walsh - performed at The Galway Comedy Festival, the Tropicana, The Irish Arts Center and The Irish Rep
WHAT THE PRESS HAS SAID ABOUT "TELL YOUR FRIENDS!"
* Time Out New York called it a "DON'T MISS" twice now, and said: "With a slew of talented stand-ups . . . and folk-rock duo 'A Brief View of the Hudson,' Liam McEneaney's new showâ€”and 'workout comedy room'â€”is sure to please."
* The NY Daily News made it a Monday pick of the day.
* AM New York put it in their "Best Bets" section.
* "Editor's Pick!" - clubfreetime.com
* The Onion says, "Though it's pegged as a 'workout room' for comics to test their new(ish) material, Liam McEneaney's weekly show Tell Your Friends flexes enough comedic muscle to pull its weight alongside more established downtown shows. Demetri Martin, Slovin & Allen, and Late Night With Conan O'Brien writer Brian Kiley are among the stand-ups who have squeezed into Lolita's narrow space since the show's debut this summer, alongside the surprisingly tolerable resident folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson."
* "It's been a while since we wrote about Tell Your Friends but this weekly comedy series deserves a nod. Every Monday they belt out top notch comedy at rock bottom prices with performers who have appeared on Comedy Central, Conan O'Brien, Jimmy Kimmel, and more." - FreeNYC.net
ABOUT OUR HOUSE BAND
A Brief View of the Hudson is a folk-rock duo that blows away audiences at every show they play.
Here's what the press has said:
* "BEST FOLK DUO"
"It's rare that we like a band from the first chord. Yet the first time we saw folk duo A Brief View of the Hudson play at the Bowery Poetry Club we were hooked.
"Ann Enzminger and Nicholas Nace incorporate many of the best characteristics of both country music and classic rock without sounding derivative...Enzminger is a tiny woman, a hair taller than five feet, but with an opera-trained voice as big and sweet as a bowling ballâ€“size Hershey Kiss. Nace's twangy talk-singing adds a quirky and ear-catching roughness; we crave the combination time and again." - The NY Press
* "It is not often that a band sounds like nothing you've ever heard & still sounds good. That's what you get from A Brief View of the Hudson." - The NY Sun
* "A Brief View of the Hudson features Ann Enzminger's arrestingly powerful vocals, which are well tuned to the duo's graceful songs of indie-folk heartbreak." -Time Out NY
Official Website: http://kidliam.blogspot.com
Added by simpletwist on May 9, 2007