FountainBlue's High Tech Entrepreneurs' Forum
Topic: Virtual Worlds: The Hype, The Reality, The In-Between
Date & time: Monday, March 9, 2009, from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Microsoft, Galileo Auditorium. 1065 La Avenida, Building 1, Mountain View
Cost: $20 members, $25 partners, $30 general by 3/6 at noon, $40 for annual membership & admission.
On-site registration is $40.
Audience: Entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs and investors, no service providers please.
Virtual Worlds: The Hype, The Reality, The In-Between
The emergence of social virtual worlds as a cultural and business phenomenon has astounded and mystified some, and excited and profited others. In these trying economic times, people are escaping to fantasy lands and adopting new online personas, businesses are profiting from the upsurge of people actively participating at many creative levels, investors are looking carefully at the returns for existing companies, and corporations are wondering how virtual worlds will make them money, while providing better service for their customers.
So what’s the hype, what’s the reality, and what’s the in-between, as this industry emerges? This month, we have gathered a panel to discuss the above and more.
Our panel will feature:
• Facilitator Glenn Von Tersch, Partner, TIPS Group
• Panelist Anne-Marie Roussel, Microsoft
• Panelist Robin Harper, Former VP of Marketing and Community Development, Second Life, Linden Labs
• Panelist Steve Nelson, Executive Vice President, Chief Strategy Officer, Clear Ink
• Panelist Susan Stucky, Research Manager, IBM
• For more information about the High Tech Entrepreneurs' Forum and notes from previous meetings, visit http://www.sventrepreneurs.com.
• Entrepreneur Exhibit tables are available for $100. https://secure.thriva.com/Reg/Form.aspx?IDTD=1007596&IDRPH=1059087.
Official Website: http://www.sventrepreneurs.com
Added by FountainBlue on February 20, 2009